Calculate’s Web Recruitment Strategy Recognized at Global Marketing Forum
By: Laura Sheehan
We thought it was a joke at first. The message notifying us that the university we worked with at the time had been shortlisted for a global marketing award sounded a bit, well odd.
“On behalf of the Regional Attractiveness & Place Marketing Chair, I wish to announce to you that your university was shortlisted by our expert committee for our international event,” the message began. “The Place Marketing Forum 2016 that rewards every year best place marketing initiatives worldwide.”
Clearly, an awkward translation. We half expected to read there was a bank account in Nigeria with our names on it. But a quick Google search revealed this was no joke.
The university (where we, as marketing/enrollment leadership staff, developed a website recruitment strategy) was one of 25 organizations being considered for this annual inbound marketing conference. A few weeks later we learned we were one of 8 winners — and the first higher education institution to win in the Forum’s history.
At the March conference in Aix-en-Provence, France, the university was recognized as a “remarkable model of digital and inbound marketing.” In particular, the award noted the inbound strategies embedded in the website, making it the institution’s top recruiter.
As described in our case study, “How One University’s Website Became Its #1 Recruitment Tool,” the university experienced a 42% increase in first-year enrollment during the 2014-2015 recruitment cycle. The university’s “I Will” campaign blended traditional and inbound marketing tactics, and the website was a significant contributor to the enrollment increase.
How much? Here are the numbers:
- 37% of all applicants came through the website’s engagement forms
- Of those, 54% either enrolled, deposited, were admitted or accepted
- 5,600 engagement forms were filled out by prospects and moved into the admissions funnel
- 36% of enrolled graduate students cited the web forms as their primary source of access
Of course, this doesn’t happen on its own – there’s an underlying strategy, one that we worked years to finesse. Want to learn more? Let us know – we’d love to turn your website into a recruitment machine.
Tell Us What You Think
SEARCH THE BLOG
- Inspiring Students throughout the Recruitment Process
- Your School’s Distinctive Success Story: Why & How to Market It
- Part 2: Students Say Your Website Can Make or Break Their Enrollment Decision
- Part 1: Students Say Your Website Can Make or Break Their Enrollment Decision
- The #1 Thing You Can Do for Enrollment
- Finding a “Pocket of Potential” in Summer Enrollment
- How Small & Specific Digital Enrollment Campaigns Yield Timely Results
- Decision Day and Beyond: How Digital Marketing Can Reach Prospects at Critical Points in the Enrollment Cycle
- An Enrollment Management Strategy to Offset the Federal Overtime Rule
- Community Colleges Offer Strong & Specific Value: Tell It & Sell It through Success Stories
- Inbound Inquiries are High Yielding Inquiries
- Is a High Bounce Rate Really Such a Bad Thing?
- Student Satisfaction and the Bottom Line
- Getting a Handle on Your University or College’s Social Media Strategy
- The Value of Content in a Higher Education Website
- Digital Advertising for Colleges and Universities: Don’t be Impressed by Impressions
- Enrollment-Driven Higher Ed Websites: A Recruitment Solution
- The Power of the Human Story: In Enrollment Campaigns & In Life
- Recruiting Adult Learners on Their Terms
- Community College Recruitment: Breaking old Stereotypes via Student Success Stories
- Part III: How an Enrollment-driven Website Can Serve Higher Ed Recruitment
- Part II: How an Enrollment-driven Website Can Serve Higher Ed Recruitment
- How an Enrollment-driven Website Can Serve Higher Ed Recruitment
- The 2016 Internet Trends Report: 4 Takeaways for Higher Ed Recruitment
- What Can Other Colleges Learn from Recent Closures? Staying Current in an Ever-Changing World
- From Enrollment Professional to Parent: My New Insights into the College Search Process
- Does your Higher Ed Website Work For or Against Enrollment? Three Tips to Assess its Recruitment Effectiveness
- Step Up Summer Enrollment: How a Digital Campaign Can Stem Summer Melt & Inspire New Applications
- Looking to Recruit Adult Students? Good News: They’re Telling Us How
- What Can Community Colleges do to Counteract Declining Enrollment? Turns Out Your Institutional Stories are your Best Ammunition
- 5 Tips to Celebrating — and Selling — the Value of the Humanities
- Recruiting a Shifting Demographic: Today’s Minority is Tomorrow’s Majority
- Sure, March Madness Brings an Admissions Bump — If You’re a Big Name DI University
- Higher Ed Recruitment: Can We Help Ease Students’ Stress?
- Countering the Decline: How to Sell Small Liberal Arts Colleges to Gen Z
- Put your Recruitment Eggs in the Basket-of-High-Returns
- Calculate’s Web Recruitment Strategy Recognized at Global Marketing Forum
- Digital Search: A New Way of Finding Right-Fit Students
- 6 Tips to Guide your Decision when Hiring a Digital Marketing Firm
- Content is the Driving Force Behind a Successful Higher Ed Website
- Your Website Isn’t a Project. It’s a Perpetual Work in Progress.
What We DO
42 Ridgeway Street
Newington, CT 06111
©2021 Calculate, LLC. Calculate does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, veteran status or any other legally protected basis in its employment and business practices.