3 Ideas for Recruiting during Coronavirus
By: Laura Sheehan
In the midst of the uncertainty brought on by the coronavirus, certain truths remain:
- This, too, shall pass, and
- You still need your Fall class!
It’s possible to generate leads and drive yield during this time of social distancing, but it won’t be “business as usual.” We can no longer rely on the traditional face-to-face events like admitted student receptions, open houses, and college fairs.
Instead, we need to shift our focus and resources to online strategies. Here are some recommendations and ideas:
- Generate new leads (yes, they’re out there!) with a Spring-to-Summer online campaign that:
- Sells your institution’s specific success
- Utilizes the words of students and alumni (authentic peer-to-peer marketing)
- Reaches students and parents on social (Facebook, Instagram, e.g.), search (Google Ads), and programmatic (geofencing and data targeting) platforms
Get ahead of the competition. With the uncertainty of coronavirus, it’s likely that most colleges will be recruiting through the summer.
- Drive up Yield with a campaign that reaches your accepted students directly on their mobile devices. Ads that feature personal messages of success (from students and alumni) inspire engagement.
Supplement the campaign with a series of 3-5 yield emails. Again, these should feature the worlds and experiences of students and alumni. They should also center on key institutional selling points (career/life success, affordability, community, e.g.).
- Launch a Close to Home campaign for spring-summer that sells the value of your school to this particular community. The campaign can be designed to reach traditional-aged and adult learners. It should be comprehensive in scope (social, search, and programmatic), but limited in its geographic reach.
If you’re interested in pursuing any of the above, let us know. I’d love to hear your ideas, too!
Tell Us What You Think
SEARCH THE BLOG
- Inspiring Students throughout the Recruitment Process
- Your School’s Distinctive Success Story: Why & How to Market It
- Part 2: Students Say Your Website Can Make or Break Their Enrollment Decision
- Part 1: Students Say Your Website Can Make or Break Their Enrollment Decision
- The #1 Thing You Can Do for Enrollment
- Finding a “Pocket of Potential” in Summer Enrollment
- How Small & Specific Digital Enrollment Campaigns Yield Timely Results
- Decision Day and Beyond: How Digital Marketing Can Reach Prospects at Critical Points in the Enrollment Cycle
- An Enrollment Management Strategy to Offset the Federal Overtime Rule
- Community Colleges Offer Strong & Specific Value: Tell It & Sell It through Success Stories
- Inbound Inquiries are High Yielding Inquiries
- Is a High Bounce Rate Really Such a Bad Thing?
- Student Satisfaction and the Bottom Line
- Getting a Handle on Your University or College’s Social Media Strategy
- The Value of Content in a Higher Education Website
- Digital Advertising for Colleges and Universities: Don’t be Impressed by Impressions
- Enrollment-Driven Higher Ed Websites: A Recruitment Solution
- The Power of the Human Story: In Enrollment Campaigns & In Life
- Recruiting Adult Learners on Their Terms
- Community College Recruitment: Breaking old Stereotypes via Student Success Stories
- Part III: How an Enrollment-driven Website Can Serve Higher Ed Recruitment
- Part II: How an Enrollment-driven Website Can Serve Higher Ed Recruitment
- How an Enrollment-driven Website Can Serve Higher Ed Recruitment
- The 2016 Internet Trends Report: 4 Takeaways for Higher Ed Recruitment
- What Can Other Colleges Learn from Recent Closures? Staying Current in an Ever-Changing World
- From Enrollment Professional to Parent: My New Insights into the College Search Process
- Does your Higher Ed Website Work For or Against Enrollment? Three Tips to Assess its Recruitment Effectiveness
- Step Up Summer Enrollment: How a Digital Campaign Can Stem Summer Melt & Inspire New Applications
- Looking to Recruit Adult Students? Good News: They’re Telling Us How
- What Can Community Colleges do to Counteract Declining Enrollment? Turns Out Your Institutional Stories are your Best Ammunition
- 5 Tips to Celebrating — and Selling — the Value of the Humanities
- Recruiting a Shifting Demographic: Today’s Minority is Tomorrow’s Majority
- Sure, March Madness Brings an Admissions Bump — If You’re a Big Name DI University
- Higher Ed Recruitment: Can We Help Ease Students’ Stress?
- Countering the Decline: How to Sell Small Liberal Arts Colleges to Gen Z
- Put your Recruitment Eggs in the Basket-of-High-Returns
- Calculate’s Web Recruitment Strategy Recognized at Global Marketing Forum
- Digital Search: A New Way of Finding Right-Fit Students
- 6 Tips to Guide your Decision when Hiring a Digital Marketing Firm
- Content is the Driving Force Behind a Successful Higher Ed Website
- Your Website Isn’t a Project. It’s a Perpetual Work in Progress.
What We DO
42 Ridgeway Street
Newington, CT 06111
©2021 Calculate, LLC. Calculate does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, veteran status or any other legally protected basis in its employment and business practices.